Only 15 years ago, almost none of the travelers knew of the existence of the ruins of the ancient city Antandros, located on the Gulf of Edremit, in the southern part of the Troad. The only visible traces of the once mighty city were the scattered fragments of buildings, hidden in an olive grove, and not encouraging an in-depth exploration. However, a lot has changed since then, and the team of researchers led by Professor Gürcan Polat has made remarkable discoveries in Antandrus. The biggest attraction of this place is a wonderfully preserved Roman villa, adorned with mosaic floor and wall frescoes. So if you are traveling along the coastal road to Edremit, then make a stop in the holiday village of Altınoluk, and search for the traces of ancient Antandros.
Gazi Mihal Bridge (tr. Gazi Mihal Köprüsü), over the Tunca River, is the oldest bridge in Edirne. However, the original 13th-century construction has been substantially changed as the result of several redevelopments.
Selimiye Mosque is the most important and, at the same time, the most famous historical monument of Edirne - a city located in the European part of Turkey. This Ottoman imperial mosque was designed by Mimar Sinan, the most distinguished architect of the Ottoman Empire, responsible for the erection of more than 300 buildings, including bridges, medreses, and mosques. Selimiye Mosque was constructed between 1566 and 1574, on the orders of Sultan Selim II, also known as "Selim the Drunkard".
The Church of Sts. Constantine and Helena (tr. Sveti Konstantin-Elena Kilisesi, bg. Св. св. Константин и Елена) is one of the two churches of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church located in Edirne. The second church of this rite in the city is St. George's Church. The Church of Saints Constantine and Helena was built in 1869, in an astonishingly short period of just seven months. The temple was funded by Bulgarians from the regions of Macedonia and Thrace.
The early-Byzantine bridge over the Cydnus River is one of the best-preserved and spectacular tourist attractions in Tarsus. At the same time, it is easy to miss it because the bridge is located outside the city centre and only a few signposts show the way to this monument.